Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Trip to Arizona

Every year I look forward to taking a trip to sunny Arizona to visit Bonnie & Dave and family in Mesa. I also like to spend a little bit of time over in Gilbert with Morgan, Jean and Shannon. Besides a trip in May, this fall, I came down in November and spent three weeks with Bonnie and a few nights with Morgan. We had a nice time visiting, pressing her sheets, and eating good food (ie blueberry pie.)

We had a nice Thanksgiving together. Morgan, Jean & Shannon joined us for dinner.

Jean & Morgan cooked the turkey this time. Here Morgan is carving the turkey with help from Shannon and Jean.


Thanksgiving Dinner. Look at all that yummy food.


You can bet that we ate lots of pie after this dinner was over. The younger generations played some games and I just rested. Today was a day to count our many blessings. I was thankful that day to be surrounded by loving family.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(Bonnie here)
In looking for recent pictures of Dad, I realized that I hadn't ever shared the pictures I had of Dad and Uncle Clarence together. A couple of years ago (2007), Dad was down here for Christmas. It was a few days before Christmas and I had planned to take Dad Christmas shopping for him to buy a few items. Earlier in the day, I received a call from Diane Dabel saying she was in town with Uncle Clarence and wondered if they could stop by for a visit later in the afternoon. I said sure and we arranged a time after our shopping. I didn't tell Dad because I wanted to surprise him. I took Dad to the local Wal-mart and found an electric shopping cart for him to ride in. (He loves those carts, but I have to kinda direct him or he will run into the Charmin display). So we had been shopping awhile when I spotted Diane & John with Uncle Clarence in an electric cart. So I directed Dad over to their direction and I told him, "Look who's here?" It was the cutest site to see two old brothers in their electric carts greeting each other. My dad couldn't see who it was at first, but when I explained he said "What are you doing down here?" We had a quick chat in the store and finished our shopping and then they followed us home. We had a nice visit with them and then a few days later they came over for Sunday dinner. Here's the pictures.


Clarence and Rex


Diane, John, Clarence, Cali, Rex, Cali's husband, Morgan


Bonnie, Diane, Clarence, Rex, and Morgan

We forgot to take any pictures during the dinner but we took this picture right before dinner. Bethany and John have finished setting the table and the salads are ready.

1 comment:

Harold Jackson said...

Great post Bonnie. I would love to see the picture of Dad and Uncle Clarence racing their shopping carts in Walmart!