Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dad's last week

I took a bunch of pictures of Dad and family while I was visiting him in January and happened to be his last week here on earth.




Here is Shirley and her daughter Clara with Grandpa and Bonnie.



Le and Andrew
Dad and Andrew
Dad's residence at Harold & Verla's for the last 7 years.



Dad's smile

Dad's hands.
My friend advised me to take this picture and I'm glad I did. I could pick those hands out among a hundred sets of hands. Those are the hands that served in so many ways for 97 years.

2 comments:

Harold Jackson said...

Oh, that picture of the hands really captures some emotion, Bonnie. Thanks for taking these and posting them. The last picture reminds me of the song "Daddy's Hands."

Sharalea said...

Thanks, Bonnie! These are great--I also love the hands photo, so glad your friend suggested it!